1 Day Advanced Cultivation Workshops
Each mushroom cultivation workshop includes a lecture, hands on activity, the opportunity to work in a laboratory, and a tour of our facility. Every student will go home with a ready-to-fruit mushroom block. This class is suitable for students with previous mushroom cultivation experience, especially those with an interest in commercial production.
You will learn
- Review fundamental principles of mushroom cultivation
- Working with agar
- Commercial production
- Laboratory design
- Greenhouse/fruiting chamber design
- Working under a flow hood
- Formulating sterilized substrates
- Cloning mushrooms in our laboratory
- and more!
Classes begin at 10 AM and end at 4 PM. Please bring a meal with you. Snacks will be provided.